The Ultimate Moe’stie
1 packet Slo Moe’s Slo Wood Smoked BBQ meat of your choice
½ loaf good quality sourdough bread
Olive oil, for toasting
2 garlic cloves, halved
2 slices gruyere cheese
1 cup pre-mix coleslaw
1 tbs whole egg mayonnaise
2 wooden skewers
½ bulb baby cos leaves, to serve
Mini cornichons, to serve
1. In a bowl, combine the coleslaw, whole egg mayonnaise and lemon juice to taste. Mix well and season.
2. Heat your choice of Slo Moe’s meat according to packet instructions.
3. Heat sandwich press. Slice the bread into 4 thick slices. Drizzle some of the olive oil on one side of a bread slice and place it on the sandwich press to lightly toast the inside. Remove bread and rub the toasted surface with one of the garlic halves. Repeat with remaining bread.
4. To assemble the ‘Moe’stie’, take one of the bread slices and spread hot sauce on the toasted side. Top with gruyere cheese, your choice of Slo Moe’s meat, slaw and sandwich together with another bread slice. Repeat process with remaining bread.
5. Rub olive oil on the top and bottom of your sandwich. Toast in the press until nice and crispy on the outside. Remove from the press and cut into halves. Place one half of the toastie on top of the other and secure with a wooden skewer. Thread a baby cos leaf and a few mini cornichons through the skewers to serve. Dig in y’all!