The Burrito is Bowlsome
1 packet Slo Moe’s (any Moe’s goes)*
FOR THE BURRITO BOWLS
1 tbs olive oil
2 large flour tortillas
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup cooked black rice
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp Chipotle seasoning
1/4 cup jalapenos, roughly chopped
*We used Slo Moe’s Wood Smoked Pork
1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
1/2 tbs olive oil
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, to serve
Spring onion, to garnish
Jalapenos, to garnish
1/2 red onion, diced, to garnish
1 cup corn chips, to garnish
Paprika, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 190oC fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. To make the edible burrito bowls, brush the inside of two oven-proof bowls with olive oil. Press a tortilla into the interior of each bowl. Place both bowls on the oven tray and bake for 10 minutes. Take the bowls out of the oven, sprinkle with cheese and put them back in the oven for another 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove the burrito shells from the ovenproof bowls and leave to cool.
3. What time is it? Guac o’clock. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. For the black rice, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Time for our hero – heat your chosen Slo Moes according to packet instructions.
6. To serve, divide the rice mixture, chopped guac and Slo Moe’s amongst the burrito bowls. Sprinkle with cheese, dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with spring onion, corn chips, jalapenos, red onion, and the extra coriander. Now tuck into some bowlsome fun!