Eat, Sleep, Bleat, Repeat Shepherd's Pie
1 packet Slo Moe’s Slo Wood Smoked Lamb
20ml olive oil
2 carrots, peeled, diced
½ leek (white part only), thinly sliced
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup red cooking wine
½ cup beef stock
50g frozen peas
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tbs parmesan, grated
700g royal blue or desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
½ cup pouring cream
1 tbs butter
1. Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat, then add carrot,leek and onion. Cook until the vegetables are softened. Add garlic, a dash of wine and season with salt and pepper. Add stock and simmer over low heat for an hour.
3. Meanwhile, place the potato in a pan of cold salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Mash using a potato masher. Add cream and butter, season with salt and pepper and beat to combine.
4. Add the Slo Moe’s Slo Lamb, passata and frozen peas to your vegetable mixture. Stir through until everything is well combined and season. Transfer your lamb mixture to a pie dish and top with potato mash.
5. Sprinkle the mash with parmesan and paprika and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is golden. Serve the pie hot and settle in for a cosy meal that will warm you up from the inside out.