Big Bad Beef Brisket with Buttery Bacon Bread
1 packet Slo Moe’s Slo Wood Smoked Beef Brisket
BUTTERY BACON BREAD
2 slices thick cut bacon
1 ½ cups plain our
½ cup yellow cornmeal
1 tbs raw sugar
1 tbs baking powder
¾ cup full cream milk
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup of salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
½ tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups Colby jack cheese, grated
Spring onion, finely sliced, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 175°C fan-forced.
2. Fry the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until it is nice and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and place it on paper towel. Swirl the bacon grease around the pan and set it aside for later. Once cooled, cut the bacon up into small squares.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine our, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. In a large measuring jug, whisk together milk, sour cream, melted butter, and eggs. Make a well in your our mixture and pour in the liquid. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
4. Then, fold in the bacon pieces and cheese. Leave the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes, so it will be nice and uffy. Then spread the batter evenly in your frying pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
5. Heat the Slo Moe’s Beef Brisket according to packet instructions. Serve with a wedge of your warm cornbread. Yee-haw!